Here's a simple outdoor winter decoration - a fresh spray of evergreen branches scaled to fit the area (a door, a tree, a mailbox, a street sign post, a gate...) With proper supervision children can make these. They can be brought home for a spot outside, or sold for fundraising purposes, or given as a gift to a teacher, a bus driver, etc.
- cut lots of branches from various evergreens- hollies, firs, pines...
- cluster 5 or 6 or more branches together to make a spray
- secure with a rubber band temporarily
- wrap securely with a double strand of thin green wire
- twist the wire to create a small loop in order to attach the spray to a nail or picture hook
- attach a prepared bow or make a bow, add pine cones or other decoration
- shake it to be sure everything holds together
- trim or adjust the top edges of the branches so they are straight across
- deliver with a smile